Interview with K. Alagumani, Writer from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
1. Tell us something about yourself. Who are you as a person? What are your likes and dislikes?
I am K. Alagumani, a college student pursuing my B.Ed. degree first year in Tamil Nadu. I am a self-loved person and I love to be alone too. I like to travel alone.
2. When were you first bitten by the writer’s bug? Who or what inspired you to take up writing?
My first Writing started at the age of 18. It's an accidental one and later I found that I get some connection towards writing and with time, it becomes my passion and quenches my soul.
3. What do you do and how has it influenced your poetry?
I just wrote real-life incidences as my poetry or quotes. Because real incidents speak more than imaginary ones. So I was always inspired by my real incidents.
4. As an author, where do you see yourself five years from now?
I want to win an award as an author of a solo book.
5. How do you face Writers' Block? What motivates you to keep writing?
My love and passion for writing keep on motivating me. 😊
6. How writing has built you?
It made me strong physically and mentally. I am happy with what I am today.
7. What are your Achievements? Awards, if any?
I won the best article writer from Tamil newspaper Dinnamalar (2019). I won excellence in writing from Diva Awards from North India (2021). I am a brand ambassador in Blueberry Ultra company which is situated in Delhi (2021-2022).
8. Tell us a bit about how much time you spend in a day on writing. Are you a disciplined writer or a spontaneous one?
I am a spontaneous writer so I write whenever I want to write. I would like to spend nearly 4 to 5 hrs and sometimes a whole day.
9. Are you a reader yourself? What are some of your favorite books?
Yes, I read myself. Usually, I don't read books.
10. Reading in the mountains or reading on the beach?
Reading in the mountains.
11. A quote that never fails to motivate you.
If you have the ability to love someone then love urself first.
It's my ever favorite quote.
12. Coffee or tea?
13. Any new projects that you are currently working on?
I am doing some writing as a co-author.
14. When did you write your first book/poem and how old were you?
In the year 2018, when I was 17.
15. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Studying my subjects. I am a teaching professional student, so I like to study about that.
16. What does your family think of your writing?
I have their full support. In fact, my mom never asks me to do household chores, they gave me the freedom to work on my achievements and my passion.
17. Tell us where your fans can get your work?
My book is available on Amazon and Google Books. They can also contact me for collaboration on Instagram as @angel_alaguu